Person 62 Years of Age or Older
The Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia provides for the admission and registration of persons 62 years of age or older. Individuals in this category are eligible to register for classes on a space available basis without payment of tuition and mandatory fees, except for supplies or laboratory/class fees.
Individuals in this category must:
- Meet all University System of Georgia (USG) and UGA admission requirements, including application fees, if any.
- Be residents of Georgia.
- Be 62 years of age or older at the time of registration.
- A birth certificate or other comparable official documentation of age must be presented to the Office of the Registrar to determine eligibility.
- May enroll in classes on a space available basis without payment of tuition and mandatory fees, except for supplies or laboratory/class fees.
- Meet all USG, UGA, and legislated degree requirements such as Major Area Exam and History and Constitution instruction or exams, if degree seeking.
Individuals in this category may not enroll in Dental, Medical, Veterinary, or Law Schools under the provisions of this policy. Professional or continuing education courses are also not covered by this policy.
For more information, contact the Office of the Registrar at 706-542-4040 or email@example.com.