Grades FAQs

What should I do if I receive a grade of I or NG?

If a student receives a grade of I (Incomplete), the student should not register for the course again. The student should contact the instructor and make arrangements to complete the course within three semesters of receiving the grade. If the I is not replaced with the appropriate letter grade within three semesters, the I grade will automatically convert to a grade of F. A grade of NG (Not Graded) indicates that the instructor did not submit grades for the course by the semester grade deadline. The instructor will need to submit a change of grade form to change the NG grade to the appropriate grade.
Please note that there are no extensions for Incomplete grades. If a student believes that he or she has an extenuating circumstance, an appeal may be filed with the Educational Affairs Committee. 

What if I believe I received the wrong grade for a course?

The student should contact the instructor of the course to discuss the grade. If a mistake was made, a change of grade request must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar. If the student desires to appeal the grade, the instructor’s dean’s office should be contacted to find out the process for a grade appeal.

Is there a way to have a course deleted from my transcript?

Course deletions are only processed in the event of University error. An explanation letter from the department responsible for the error must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar and should contain the signature of the department head.