Welcome to the Office of the Registrar at the University of Georgia
The Office of the Registrar represents the academic hub of the UGA campus community. The office addresses the academic inquiries presented daily on a myriad of issues and assists individuals with any questions they may have related to matters of academic importance. Among the areas of service provided are transcripts, letters of certification, graduation clearance, diploma printing, residency, AP scores, course offerings and scheduling, curriculum, grading, re-admittance to the University, tuition waivers, FERPA, University governance, Veteran’s Education Benefits, and general academic information.
The Office of the Registrar is committed to fulfilling its role in the educational mission of the University of Georgia by providing effective and efficient academic support and assistance to the students, faculty, staff, and alumni of the University. This mission is accomplished by:
- Providing quality and professional service to those within and outside the University with accuracy and reliability.
- Ensuring students receive respectful and equitable assistance in helping them solve their academic questions and problems.
- Establishing trust among team members and those served by demonstrating competence and consistency.
- Preserving the integrity and privacy of students’ academic records and executing the provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- Supplying support and service for the successful functioning of University governance on campus.
- Improving services by promoting innovation among staff and integrating the latest technologies available in the field.
- Valuing a richly diverse campus community and respect for all individuals.
- Encouraging staff to participate in training and development sessions and campus events that pertain to diversity on campus and to be aware of EOO and NDAH policies.
- Making prospective staff aware of the UGA Institutional Diversity Mission and goals and of the expectation of contributing to an office climate that is inclusive of all individuals and groups.