Instructors of record may access and download their active term Online Class Rolls in Athena.
Please see instructions below:
- Log into Athena and select the Faculty Services tab.
- Click the Print or Extract Class Roll button.
- Select a term and click Next.
- Use the drop-down menu to select a specific section (CRN) of a course. Do not select the "class rolls for ALL of your courses for the term" option. This option is not currently functional.
- Use the drop-down menu to choose an export option.
- Click the Next button.
CRNs for the selected class rolls will be emailed as either a PDF or a .CSV file (Excel spreadsheet) from firstname.lastname@example.org to instructors' UGA email addresses and will display data as of the previous night. Students' preferred name will also be included. If a student has registered for a course as a Pass/Fail option, this is noted in the "Status" column. Additionally, the "Status" column will indicate if any students are registered for a course with an Audit status.
IMPORTANT: If instructors wish to use the exported class roll to email their students, they should be sure to select the .CSV export option. To email your complete roster, select the UGA email addresses from column J in the .CSV file. These can then be copied and pasted into the BCC field in your email client. Please use the BCC option to ensure compliance with FERPA guidelines.
For assistance, please email email@example.com or call the Office of the Registrar at 706-542-4040.