Banner supports unique codes called cohorts that are used to identify "a group of students with at least one similar characteristic for which we want to gather group level information." Examples include demographic information such as age and gender, situational information like enrollment in a course or program, or both. Cohorts may affect the assessment of tuition and fees.
Requesting New Cohorts to be added to Banner
The Office of the Registrar has developed a web application to facilitate staff requests for new cohorts that need to be added to Banner. The application may be accessed at the following link:
Users should login with their MyID and password, and click "Create a New Cohort Request" in the main menu to bring up the data entry screen where new cohort requests can be made. The following informatmion will be required:
- A proposed code for the cohort in Banner
- A description of the cohort in Banner
- A purpose for the cohort, such as what group level information the cohort will track
- A justification of why this should be implemented as a cohort
- If the cohort will affect the assessment of tuition and fees
- The beginning and end dates that the cohort will be active in Banner
- The first term and year the cohort will be needed
- Point of contact information such as name, phone, and email address of the individual who will answer questions and provide additional information to the various staff members who will be approving this cohort request
In addition to the required new cohort request information, documents may be attached to the cohort request as needed to provide additional justification to the staff approving the request.
Questions and comments about this application may be sent to the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com.