No student will be admitted after the last day of the Add period without special permission. No course may be added to a student's schedule after the Add deadline without the approval of the instructor of the course and the department head/program director.
The student is responsible for obtaining all approvals and presenting the completed Late Add (PDF) form to the Office of the Registrar, Holmes/Hunter Academic Building. A photo ID should be presented by the student when turning the form in to the Registrar's Office.
All currently enrolled students who wish to late add a course after the withdrawal deadline for the current term must not only complete the late add form showing the approval of the instructor and department head but must also submit the following:
- a letter from the student explaining the request for a late add;
- a plan of action from the instructor explaining how the student can complete the course by the end of the term; and
- a letter from the Dean to the Registrar providing an extraordinary justification for
supporting the late add (For undergraduate students, the process for obtaining this
letter is facilitated by the student's academic advising office. For masters and doctoral
students, the letter should be facilitated by the Dean of the Graduate School).
All required paperwork should be submitted to the Office of the Registrar. Students may appeal the decision of the Office of the Registrar to the Educational Affairs Committee.
Late Add requests for a term that has officially ended must be approved by the Educational Affairs Committee.
Important Information to Remember:
- Students should review the Academic Calendar for drop/add dates and times for a given term and given course level.
- If a student has attempted to drop a course during the drop/add period but was unsuccessful in doing so due to a flag or misses the drop deadline and as a result has a course on his or her schedule that is not needed, the student should visit the Office of the Registrar immediately during business hours with a photo ID. If the student is not in the Athens area, he or she can email the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. No assistance can be provided to students who do not make contact with the Office of the Registrar within 24 hours of the drop deadline.