Student Records (F7ST) User Guide
- Signing in on the IBM services screen
- To Access Student Records System (F7ST)
- Navigating Student Records System (F7ST)
- Exit Student Records
- Brief Summary of Commonly Used Screens in Student Records (F7ST)
- Type F and press Enter.
- 2.IMS System Entry. Type your USER ID and your password and press Enter.
- 3.To access the Administrative Information Menu, press Enter or F12.
To exit, press F3.
To change your password, press F5.
Press F4 to return to the sign on screen.
Note: If you receive the message "User Revoked", please call Access Services at 2-4000 for assistance.
On the Administrative Information Systems Menu type S beside Student Records (F7ST) and press Enter.
The first screen displayed is the Secondary Option Selection screen, which is where you select the screen you would like to enter within F7ST. Go to Navigating the Students Records System (F7ST) section for further detail.
The first screen displayed is the SECONDARY OPTION screen. This screen displays transactions the user is eligible to access in the retrieve mode. The transaction names shown are determined by the user's access to the system.
The MODE: field is prefilled with the number 6 (retrieve). The 6 must be changed to a 5 (modify) to make changes in the selected transaction's screen.
To select a transaction, enter the transaction’s two-character SELECT code and its corresponding KEY and press Enter. (For example, type AU as the SELECT code to access the Admission Application screen).
The KEY: field is where the Student ID of the student should be entered (unless otherwise noted in the Brief Summary of Commonly Used Screens section). When you leave this screen the MODE and SELECT fields merge and become the TRX field in the data screen (i.e., 6AU).
If the KEY (Student ID) is not entered when trying to access a particular screen, the PRIMARY KEY SELECTION screen will be displayed. This screen prompts for the entry of KEY information. At each level in the data base one or more items of data are needed to enable the system to construct a full segment KEY.
As indicated in the above example, the key information needed to access the AU screen is a student’s ID number, a term, a billing subdivision code, the academic level of the student and a sequence number. To move on to the AU screen, enter the requested information and press Enter.
A SECONDARY KEY SELECTION screen is displayed when only part of the KEY is found. If one enters AU and only the Student ID for the KEY then this screen might appear to display all of the applications a student has submitted. To proceed to the desired transaction screen, type a selection number in the SELECTION field and press Enter.
On a multi-screen secondary key selection, the message “Press Enter To View Additional Selections” appears at the top of the screen, the following options are available to type into the Option: field:
F = to go forward one page.
N = to see the next segment of data.
R = to return to first screen after the page has been turned.
Once you have selected the transaction and key data you would like to the view, the transaction’s detail screen will appear:
When in a transaction’s detail screen, you can do the following:
- Look up a student’s ID by entering 6SN in the TRX: field and the student’s name (format = last name, first name) in the KEY: field. If only a portion of the student’s full name is known, then use a greater than sign (>) to display all students who meet that criteria. Example: TRX: 6SN KEY: SAMPLE, I>
- Switch to a different transaction data screen (i.e., AU to DA) using the same key information (Student ID) by typing DA over AU in the TRX: field and pressing Enter.
- Return to the Key Selection screen(s) by typing X in the OPT: field. Return to the F7ST Main Menu (aka Secondary Option Selection screen) by typing X in the Option: field.
- To exit F7ST and return to the Administrative Information Systems menu, type "699" in the TRX: field of any screen (except the Secondary Option screen) and press Enter.
- Press Enter again to return to the Administrative Information Systems Menu Screen.
- To exit the system completely, at the Administrative Information Systems Menu Screen press F3 to exit to the Sign Off Screen.
- Press F3 again to confirm your request to exit the System.
(Key is Student ID unless otherwise noted)
99: Return to the FSIS menu.
AU: Admissions application information.
AZ: Listing of course history from A to Z (courses taken and grades received).
DO: Decentralized Order. Unofficial Transcript screen. Print only. Must be in the 5 mode to modify.
DP: Degree Program. Student’s official major and minor (if applicable). Must be in the 5 mode to modify.
GA: Graduation Application information.
GC: Graduation Checksheet. Created for use by the Graduate School.
RQ: Graduation requirements. Indicates Not Satisfied or Satisfied along with anticipated graduation date.
SB: Student Biographic. Basic Information on a student including program, class, and major.
SN: Student Name search. Used to find student’s ID. Key = last name, portion of first name plus > sign (i.e., Sample, I>).
SR: Student Record. Shows address and biographical information. View the AD screen in Student Directory for full student contact information.
TS: Test Scores. Shows SAT, GRE, AP, and other scores.
UG: UGA Degrees Conferred.
VE: Previous Education. Institutions attended and degrees awarded or pending.
Reminder: The data to which you have access are to be treated in a professional and confidential manner. This information must be used only in the conduct of official internal business of your department or college and may not be disclosed to any third party.