Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees
How do I pay my tuition and fees?
Students can pay their tuition and fees online via their student account. Graduate assistants can use the payroll deduction payment option to pay tuition and fees only. Please refer to the detailed information listed at http://www.bursar.uga.edu/instructions.html.
Under what circumstances may I waive my Technology Fee?
The Technology fee may be waived by those over the age of 62 and full-time, benefits eligible employees utilizing the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP). Additionally, select groups of combat veterans called to active duty by the US Armed Forces during a designated period may also be eligible for a waiver of the technology fee. Contact the Veterans Education Benefits Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Under what circumstances can I waive my student "package" fees?
The student “Package” includes Activity, Recreation, Athletic, Health, and Facilities fees. These fees are bundled together and may not be separated. The Package fees may be waived by those over the age of 62 and full-time, benefits eligible employees utilizing the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP). Additionally, students taking less than half-time (6 hours) and students taking internship, directed study, thesis, practicum or dissertation hours may be eligible to waive the package. To see if you meet the criteria to waive your student package fees, log into OASIS, click on Registration Main Menu, and select Waive Student Fees.
Campuses such as Griffin, Tifton, Buckhead, and Gwinnett have different fee package structures. To better gauge how much you will pay in tuition and fees please click on the following link https://busfin1.busfin.uga.edu/bursar/schedule.cfm.
Under which circumstances can I waive my Transportation Fee?
The student Transportation fee may only be waived by those over the age of 62; students taking all courses "off campus"; full-time, benefits eligible employees utilizing the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP); and regular full-time, benefits eligible employees not utilizing TAP.
Under which circumstances can I waive my Institutional Fee?
The student Institutional Fee may be waived by those over the age of 62 and full-time, benefits eligible employees utilizing the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP). All active duty military students; students classified as joint enrolled; and students who are transient to UGA from another USG institution (see list). Additionally, students taking less than 5 credit hours may will only pay 50 percent of the mandatory Institutional Fee.
Under which circumstances can I waive my Green Fee?
The student Green fee may only be waived by those over the age of 62 and full-time, benefits eligible employees utilizing the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP).
What services are provided by the Student Activity/Athletic/Health/Facilities and the Technology and Transportation fees?
Services provided are:
- Activity/Recreation Fee: Provides free or reduced price admission to programs provided by the Department of Student Activities such as concerts, lectures, movies and participation in intramural and other academically related student clubs and organizations. For more information, contact the Department of Student Activities, 706.542.7774.
- Athletic Fee: Provides free or reduced price admission to UGA athletic events. For more information contact the Athletic Office, 706.542.1231.
- Facilities fee: Currently this fee covers basic user fees and financial obligations of the Ramsey Student Center and the financial obligation of the Tate Center expansion. For questions regarding the Ramsey Student Center call 706.542.5060. For questions regarding the Tate Center expansion call 706.542.7444.
- Green Fee: Helps to fund UGA’s Office of Sustainability and its role in both coordinating existing programs that reduce the University’s environmental impact on each of its campuses as well as establishing new or more comprehensive programs with the same objective. The Green Fee also will support student internships in the Office of Sustainability, student research/service grants, and environmental education initiatives. For more information, contact the Office of Sustainability at 706.542.1301.
- Health Fee: Entitles access to a wide range of health care services and programs provided by the University Health Service. The fee supports the health care facility and staff.
- Technology Fee: Helps to fund new computer labs, replacement of machines in existing labs, classroom upgrades and classroom AV equipment, advanced hardware and software for instruction, technology-based course development, student technical support and training, extended hours for computer labs, special technology services for students, and other technological advances of direct benefit to students. For a complete listing of the technology fee allocations at UGA, visit http://www.isd.uga.edu/
- Transportation Fee: Supports the Campus Transit System and entitles students to ride Athens Transit System buses at no charge.
If I withdraw from a class after the Drop/Add period, will I get a refund?
You are entitled to a full refund only if you drop all classes prior to the end of the Drop period for the applicable course level. Refunds are not granted for individual course withdrawals. For students doing a University Withdrawal of all coursework after the drop deadline, a prorated refund will be generated based on the day you withdraw. For more information, please see the current University Bulletin or the Bursar's website.
Residency Requirements (In-State Tuition)
What are the residency requirements for paying in-state tuition?
See “Classification of Students for Tuition Purposes” in Section 403.02 of the Policy Manual of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia.
If I am not eligible for classification as “in-state” for tuition purposes, under what circumstances might I receive a waiver of the out-of-state tuition differential?
See “Out-of-State Tuition Waivers” in Section 704.041 of the Policy Manual of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia.
Tuition and Fees
What are the tuition and fees at the University of Georgia?
Information regarding tuition and fees at the University of Georgia may be obtained online at the Registrar's website: http://www.reg.uga.edu/tuition.
Can I pay tuition and fees by credit card?
Yes. MasterCard, Discover, and American Express credit cards are accepted for payment of your student account balance. Credit card payments can be made on-line by accessing the Student Accounts website at: https://studentacct.uga.edu/PCSA/index.jsp