- A defect was discovered that causes the words <APPLIED> and <NEEDED> to appear instead of numbers in the advice "You have taken <APPLIED> credits and need <NEEDED> more." on some audits.
- A defect was discovered that impacts Upper Dvision Non-College Electives for Grady students. The electives require courses from two seperate disciplines. DegreeWorks is mistakenly recognizing SPCM and COMM as two different disciplines. Students with this error on the audit should contact their advisor. The vendor is in the process of developing a fix.
- A defect was discovered that causes courses to appear in the in-progress block, but disappear in the remainder of the audit. The vendor is in the process of developing a fix.
- The vendor announced a known issue with using DegreeWorks with Google Chrome. Until resolved please use another browser.
- The Spring 2013 Bulletin changes are now reflected on DegreeWorks audits.
- The defect that impacted the calculation of Credits Applied in the block headers and the miscalculation of the General Electives Calculator for some students is resolved and correct on audits in production.
- The Custom GPA Calculator is now available for use by students and advisors. For more information, please see the Calculator Guide.
- We completed the process of verifying and updating the requirements for minors in DegreeWorks. Please contact us if you have questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The number of Excess Credits is now available in the General Electives Calculator.
- All current registration eligible undergraduate students without quarter systerm work are live on DegreeWorks as of July 3, 2012.
- SunGard Higher Ed has now merged with Datatel and they are now called Ellucian.
The Office of the Registrar is pleased to announce the release of DegreeWorks! DegreeWorks is a web-based tool to help students and advisors monitor a student's progress toward degree completion.
DegreeWorks combines the University of Georgia’s degree requirements and the coursework completed into an easy-to-read worksheet that helps see how courses completed count toward degree requirements, and that helps to see what courses and requirements still need to be completed. This system is designed to aid and facilitate academic advising, but is not intended to replace face-to-face advising sessions. DegreeWorks may be accessed at https://degreeworks.uga.edu.
As of July 3, 2012, DegreeWorks is available to all undergraduate students who have no quarter system courses. All those with any quarter system courses should contact their advisor for assistance.
All students will continue to meet with their academic advisor concerning degree progression.
The degree compliance audits produced by DegreeWorks are dependent on a student’s major/concentration. Data is extracted from the Student Information System into DegreeWorks on a nightly basis. Any change to the student's record in the Student Information System will not be reflected in DegreeWorks until the next day.
Students who have not specified a major must use the “What-If option” and select an anticipated major from the drop-down list to view a full degree audit.
Review the FAQs and Tutorials available on the left hand links of this site or the instructions available under the Help tab on each page in DegreeWorks. If further assistance is needed, send an email from your UGA student email address containing your name, UGA ID # and question to email@example.com.