Click each image for a full-size popup
- Capacity (Cap) displays the number of seats.
- Actual (Act) displays the number of seats already taken.
- Remaining (Rem) displays the number of seats that are available.
- Waitlist Capacity (WL Cap) displays the number of seats on the waitlist.
- Waitlist Actual (WL Act) displays the number of seats on the waitlist already taken.
- Waitlist Remaining (WL Rem) displays the number of seats on the waitlist that are available.
When viewing the seats available for a course, there are various scenarios to keep in mind.
Scenario 1: The course is already full, but the waitlist is available to the student.
The course has 50 seats and all of them have been taken. There are no seats remaining in this course, but there are 10 seats on the waitlist and all 10 are available. In this scenario, a student can add themselves to the waitlist for this course.
Scenario 2: The course has seats available, but the course is only open to students who are already on the waitlist.
The course has four seats and three of them have been taken. The remaining seat is reserved for the student who is currently on the waitlist. In this scenario, a student cannot add themselves to the waitlist for this course.
Scenario 3: The course is full and the waitlist is full.
This course has 20 seats and all of them have been taken. There are no seats remaining for this course. There are 10 seats on the waitlist and they have already been taken. In this scenario, the student cannot register for this course or be added to the waitlist.
Instructions for being added to a waitlist
1. Find the course you wish to add. Make note of the CRN number (90090 in the example below) and click “Add to Worksheet.”
2. Type the CRN into the first text field of the “Add Classes Worksheet” and click “Submit Changes.”
3. The following “Registration Add Errors” information will appear. The status of this message will tell you what action, if any, you need to take. Select “Waitlisted” from the Action dropdown box. Click “Submit Changes.”
4. The waitlisted course will appear in your Current Schedule.
Please note that until the course appears in your Current Schedule, you are not registered for that course nor are you added to the waitlist for that course.
Instructions for being removed from a waitlist
To remove a waitlisted course from your Current Schedule, select “Web Drop” from the “Action” dropdown menu and click “Submit changes.
Other Information about Waitlists
- You may only be added to the waitlist for one section of a course.
- You cannot be added to a waitlist if you are already added to a different section of the same course.
- You cannot be added to a waitlist for a course if it would cause a time conflict with another course.
- The waitlist of a term is closed three days before drop/add begins for that term.
Any errors that you encounter while registering will appear in the “Registration Add Errors” section on the “Add or Drop Classes” screen. This will normally appear under the Current Schedule.
Please note that if the course you have selected appears in the “Registration Add Errors” section, it has not been added to your “Current Schedule” and you are not registered for that course or its waitlist.
The following error messages may appear when attempting to use the Waitlist feature of Athena.
Course Closed, Please Select Waitlist in the Action Box
If you see this message, select “Waitlisted” from the “Action” dropdown box and click “Submit Changes” to be added to the waitlist.
Seat(s) Reserved for Waitlist
If you attempt to add yourself to the waitlist of a course where the only remaining seat is reserved for the student who is already on the waitlist, you will receive the following error message:
If you attempt to add yourself to a waitlist that is already full, you will receive the following error message: